Monday, June 18, 2007

18 months old!










I have taken my 18th mth booster jab. My next appointment will be 1/2 year later, instead of 3 years old. Why? Because the doctor told my papa and mama that my motor skills is much better than my language skills, so doctor asking me to go back to check on my language skills.

The doctor asked them why hasn't me started speaking some words.. like car, bus, things like that... even a "cuits" for biscuits is fine according to her, but I did not even say that "cuits" out when I requested biscuits from them. I think I was lazy to learn according to my papa. In fact, I do understand what my parents instructions, but I also not sure why I still do not start talking yet, but only baby talk. :p He was puzzled, because in fact I started calling him long time ago, but few weeks back, I stopped calling him again. Hiaz.. (Papa, I also seldom called mama also leh :p) I also do not know what was the reason. Anyway, the Doctor advised my parents must be perserve in teaching/encouraging me to start speaking instead of them still guessing what I want at my age. So I will see the Doctor again... in 1/2 mths time.

Oh.. my mama has overlooked to update my 17th mth growth progress... nevertheless, here is my 18th mths growth progress. Nothing much also.


Things that I able/like to do:-
I was able to hold my own milk bottle when drinking my milk
I will give myself a pat at the back of my neck when I feel that I am choking while drinking water.. :p
Whenever I able to grab hold of tissue paper, I will use it to wipe my own mouth. Sometime, my grandma also bway tahan me.. she wonder why when I drool, I do not clean my mouth, but when I do not drool, I will use tissue to clean my mouth. haha
I wanted to try self feed, but I guess my parents feel that I am still not ready, thus hesitate to let me try. :p
I was getting used to the water sprinkle that my mama used to bath me, but I was still not able to accept the spinkle spraying directly on my face and head, so currently my mama is still washing my hair like I was new born. :p


My stats at 18mths :

Height: 81 cm (never grow tall leh.. jialat jialat)
Weight: 11.5 kg

3 comments:

Tricia and Derrick Lee said...

Hi YangYang,

I am only going for my booster jab end of this June. Mummy is also going to ask my PD why I am still babbling but not speaking words. My vocab's very limited now, only "mum mum = eat", "up = going up" & "up = cup"

Like you, I also understand the adults but just cannot speak out the words. Mummy said I got gold inside my mouth leh. I like to point to objects and babbles "Oohh, ahh, ehh"

Hopefully both of us can speak more words soon so tht our mama are not worried about our lang development.

Megan and Ryan said...

Jayden

U are doing fine..every child develops at their own pace, that's what makes them special and unique.

To Auntie Sel, you are a smart boy :)

Many hugs,
Auntie Sel & Megan

Jayden said...

Halo Tricia,
Yes yes, my vocab super limited.. :p
I also like to make "sound" to let my parents know what I want only. My papa said I super "bin3 tua3" (in hokkien is "face big"):p My mama also said my mouth got gold leh.. keekek

Hi Auntie Sel,

Thanks for your compliment. :)
Yah, I must remind my mama what you said, is very right.. I am just taking my own sweet time to open my "gold mouth".! Haha